- January 2, 2012 (Mon) - February 19, 2012 (Sun)
- 09:30 - 17:00
- Japanese Gallery (Honkan)-Room T5
- Mondays(Except for Monday, January 2, January 9) and Tuesday, January 10
- With the Cooperation of
- The Palace Museum, Beijing
- Produced by
- Toppan Printing Co., Ltd.
- with Museum admission
The East Warmth Chamber of the Hall of Mental Cultivation, where Empress Dowager Cixi ruled "from behind the curtains"
(c)the Palace Museum / Toppan Printinv Co., Ltd.
The Forbidden City, which was the palace of the Chinese emperors, was the origin of the present-day Palace Museum, Beijing. The view of this vast palace at the time of the Qing dynasty will be reproduced in CG video. Including the view of the Hall of Mental Cultivation which is shown for the first time, the exteriors as well as the interiors of the palace buildings will appear on a 2.7 meter high, 12 meter wide large screen. Explanations of the individual palace buildings and works which appear in the special exhibition will also be introduced.