The Tokyo National Museum Map and Guide can be downloaded.
By Public Transport
- 5 mins from Ueno Exit, off the Shuto Expressway Ueno Route.
For visitors with wheelchairs, please consult our General Affairs section.
Parking facilities are available near Ueno station, as listed below.
There is no parking at the museum.
- * Last admission 30 minutes before closing.
- * Due to the rapid increase of coronavirus (COVID-19) infections in Tokyo, the Museum will close at 5:00 p.m.
- * Opening hours for special exhibitions may differ.
- * Opening hours for the Research and Information Center.
- * Kuroda Memorial Hall is open until 5:00 p.m.
|High/Junior High/Elementary School Students and persons under 18 and over 70
- * Special exhibitions require a separate ticketing procedure.
- * Persons with disabilities are admitted free of charge along with one attendant. Please show official ID or other documentation.
- * Regular admission is free for persons under 18 and over 70. Please show proof of age (driver's license, passport, etc.) when entering.
- * Free admission to the regular exhibitions on May 18, September 18, and November 3, 2023.
From April 1, 2022, our reservation system for the regular exhibitions will be suspended. From this day onwards, visitors can enter the Museum without reservations by purchasing tickets at the ticket booths by the Main Gate. Please note the number of people in each building will be monitored; visitors may be asked to wait when any of the buildings becomes too crowded.
Payments by the following are accepted at ticket counters:
- Credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, Diners, DISCOVER)
- e-cash (iD, Suica,WAON)
Kuroda Memorial Hall
Free Entry. Kuroda Memorial Hall is located at the corner westward from the Main Gate of the museum.
Kuroda Memorial Hall Website
Research and Information Center
Entry is free of charge.
Research and Information Center
Research and Information Center Floor Map
Mondays (Excluding holidays. On those days, the Museum will be open on Monday and closed the following day); Year-end holidays: December 25, 2023 – January 1, 2024; December 19, 2023. Subject to change.
Exceptional dates for 2023 is as follows:
- Open on Monday, May 1, August 14 2023, and Monday, 25 March 2024.
- Closed on Tuesday, December 19, 2023, for annual facility maintenance.
- Closed on Monday, December 25, 2023 – Monday, January 1, 2024.
Certain galleries will be closed on the following dates:
- Hyokeikan will be closed unless special exhibitions and events are held inside.
- Japanese Gallery (Honkan) Room12 will be closed from April 18, 2023 to April 23, 2023.
- Japanese Gallery (Honkan) Room T1 and T2 will be closed until May 28, 2023.
- The Gallery of Horyuji Treasures Room4 will be closed from May 23, 2023 to May 28, 2023.
- From December 5–24, 2023, the 2nd floor of the Japanese Gallery (Honkan) will be closed for maintenance.
About visitor information, exhibitions and events (Hello Dial)
TEL. (050)5541-8600 (Domestic Calls)
+81-(50)-5541-8600 (International Calls)
Other inquiries (Tokyo National Museum)
13-9 Ueno Park, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 110-8712, Japan
TEL. (03)3822-1111 (Domestic Calls)
+81-(3)-3822-1111 (International Calls)