By Public Transport
- 5 mins from Ueno Exit, off the Shuto Expressway Ueno Route.
For visitors with wheelchairs, please consult our General Affairs section.
Parking facilities are available near Ueno station, as listed below.
There is no parking at the museum.
- * Last admission 30 minutes before closing.
- * Due to the rapid increase of coronavirus (COVID-19) infections in Tokyo, the Museum will close at 5:00 p.m.
- * Opening hours for special exhibitions may differ.
- * Opening hours for the Research and Information Center.
- * Kuroda Memorial Hall is open until 5:00 p.m.
|High/Junior High/Elementary School Students and persons under 18 and over 70
- * Special exhibitions require a separate ticketing procedure.
- * Persons with disabilities are admitted free of charge along with one attendant. Please show official ID or other documentation.
- * Regular admission is free for persons under 18 and over 70. Please show proof of age (driver's license, passport, etc.) when entering.
- * Free admission to the regular exhibitions on May 18, July 20 – 24, September 19, and November 3, 2022.
From April 1, 2022, our reservation system for the regular exhibitions will be suspended. From this day onwards, visitors can enter the Museum without reservations by purchasing tickets at the ticket booths by the Main Gate. Please note the number of people in each building will be monitored; visitors may be asked to wait when any of the buildings becomes too crowded.
Payments by the following are accepted at ticket counters:
- Credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, Diners, DISCOVER)
- e-cash (iD, Suica,WAON)
Kuroda Memorial Hall
Free Entry. Kuroda Memorial Hall is located at the corner westward from the Main Gate of the museum.
Kuroda Memorial Hall Website
Research and Information Center
Entry is free of charge.
Research and Information Center
Research and Information Center Floor Map
Visitors must purchase a timed-entry reservation (timed ticket) online prior to their visit.
See the exhibition website (https://tohaku150th.jp/) for details.
|150th Anniversary Special Exhibition
Tokyo National Museum: Its History and National Treasures
|High school students
- *Free admission for junior high school students and younger. However, advance booking is required. Please present proof of age when entering the museum.
- *Free admission for persons with disabilities and one caregiver of individuals with disabilities. Advance booking is not required. Please present a certificate of disabilities when entering the museum. Entry is possible until 30 minutes before closing time.
- *Tickets for this exhibition can also be used to visit the general exhibitions on the same day.
- *During the exhibition there will be rotations in which some of the artworks will be replaced with other works.
Mondays (Excluding holidays. On those days, the Museum will be open on Monday and closed the following day); Year-end holidays: December 26, 2022 – January 1, 2023; February 7, 2023. Subject to change.
Exceptional dates for 2022 is as follows:
- Open on Monday, May 2, August 15 2022, Tuesday, January 3, and Monday, 27 March 2023.
- Closed on Tuseday, February 7, 2023, for annual facility maintenance.
- Closed on Monday, December 26, 2022 – Sunday, January 1, 2023.
Certain galleries will be closed on the following dates:
- Hyokeikan will be closed unless special exhibitions and events are held inside.
- Asian Gallery (Toyokan) Room11 – 13 will be closed from February 21, 2022 to April 4, 2022.
- Japanese Gallery (Honkan) Room12 will be closed on Tuseday, November 1, 2022.
- Japanese Gallery (Honkan) The Prince Takamado Collection Room will be closed from November 8, 2022 to December 25, 2022.
About visitor information, exhibitions and events (Hello Dial)
TEL. (050)5541-8600 (Domestic Calls)
+81-(50)-5541-8600 (International Calls)
Other inquiries (Tokyo National Museum)
13-9 Ueno Park, Taito-ku, Tokyo, 110-8712, Japan
TEL. (03)3822-1111 (Domestic Calls)
+81-(3)-3822-1111 (International Calls)