This is the place where you can tell us your thoughts and feelings about displays, exhibitions or anything else related to Tokyo National Museum. We are looking forward to your participation!
Celebrating the Olympic Year with Masterpieces of Ancient Greece
2016 is the year of the Olympic Games. We celebrate the Rio de Janeiro Games with artifacts related to the ancient Olympics, currently on view in the special exhibition A Journey to the Land of Immortals: Treasures of Ancient Greece. Give your vote to your favorite piece!
Voting: July 20 - August 31, 2016
List of entries
1. Bronze statuette of Zeus (Museum of the History of the Olympic Games)
2. Attic black-figure cup (National Archaeological Museum)
3. Small red-figure amphora of Panathnatic shape (National Archaeological Museum)
4. Attic black-figure pyxis (National Arcaeological Museum)
5. Attic red-figure alabastron (Ephorate of Antiquities of Athens)
6. Statuette of a discobolus(discus thrower) (National Archaeological Museum)
7. Wrestling group with Ptolemy V Epiphanes (National Arcaeological Museum)
8. Statue of an athlete (National Archaeological Museum)
*Click the thumbnail to view larger images.