The Campus Members Program is available to universities with the aim of having students become more familiar with Japanese culture and cultural properties. Students and faculty of member schools are eligible for free admission to the regular exhibition. Students also receive additional discounts on special exhibitions, concerts, and member school-only seminars. We encourage educational institutes to take advantage of this great opportunity.
Note: Discounts to special exhibitions and events are applicable only to students of member schools. Member school faculty do not receive discounts to special exhibits and events.
The Tokyo National Museum strives to develop various projects to promote students' understanding of Japanese culture and cultural properties. In order to further enrich our projects, we have established the TNM Campus Members system. The membership program aims to provide students and faculty of member schools to various educational opportunities including free admission to the regular exhibition.
1. Students of Member Schools
*Free admission may not be applicable depending on students' status. Please ask your university or call the phone number below to check your eligibility for free admission.
2. Faculty of Member Schools
*Non-teaching staff are not eligible.
*Part time faculty may not be eligible in some cases. Please ask your university or call the phone number below to check your eligibility for free admission.
3. Chaperones (May be non-teaching staff).
Note: Eligible only if the faculty is leading the group for educational purposes.
1. Please indicate your campus member status at the ticket window and show your student/faculty ID.
2. Receive admissions ticket and enter from the gate.
* Group admission is applicable to groups of 20 or more students.
* Students visiting with chaperones must go through group admission regardless of the number of students.
1. One person from the group (either a student of a chaperone) needs to indicate his/her campus membership status and show student/ faculty ID.
2. Fill out Campus Member's Group Admission Form
* If the group does not have adult chaperones, each student is asked to show their valid student ID at the entrance.
・学校法人 文化学園（文化学園大学、文化ファッション大学院大学、文化学園大学短期大学部、文化服装学院、専門学校 文化服装学院広島校、文化外国語専門学校）
・鶴見大学 文学部 文学研究科
4-year Universities, 2-year Universities, Vocational Schools
Starts the day membership payment is received until the end of the fiscal year (March 31st).
・Free Admission to Regular Exhibitions
Students and faculty of member schools gain unlimited free access to the regular exhibition for the duration of the membership.
・Lectures and Workshops
Members are eligible to attend free "Museum Seminars" on museum studies led by our curators, and other hands-on education related activities for a fee.
・Discount on Event Admission
Members may purchase tickets for various events, including concerts, for a discounted price.
*Applicable only to TNM hosted events
・Discount on Facility Use (ie. Large auditorium)
Large auditorium, Heiseikan lounge, and tea rooms can be rented for educational and academic purposes.
・Free museum publications
Research publications (The Museum, TNM Handbook, and Collections Index) are available to members upon request, free of charge.
Fees depend on the number of people applying for the membership:
*Number of Applicants = Number of Students + Faculty
*If membership is purchased mid-year, above monthly fee applies until the end of the fiscal year (March 31st).
Tokyo National Museum
Campus Members Section, General Affairs Division, Administration Department
Monday - Friday 9:30-17:00